In this, not very long post, I am happy to announce that I release first ALPHA PikaNote build of version 0.1.0 to my server and it is accessible under following URL and repository with source code is accessible under following URL.
I deployed PikaNote to my own server using Docker and Portainer to manage it. Moreover, there was a post about its API earlier. As for other apps, Apache WWW server proxies connections to that app too.
There are few functionalities that PikaNote which I implemented in that release:
- add note using Markdown,
- update note using Markdown,
- view all notes,
- user can order notes in Ascending and Descending order,
- user can limit notes’ count to one of three values hardcoded into choice box.
What I want to add?
Functionalities which I want to add:
- note preview,
- fix ordering filter,
- add paging,
- some sort of versioning for either API and PikaNote SPA,
- error handling,
- direct links to edit/preview notes.
For instance, these are most important features. However, I am sure there are more features I will find out being worth added.
As I promised at the beginning, this post isn’t long. This is all I wanted to share in here.
See you folks next time.